Friday, November 9, 2007

trials/ tests

Boy oh boy! What a day. Bennett and I went out together this morning to spend some one on one time together. He was kind of fussy because he wanted to go with Lanie and our company to where they were going. I took him to two different banks and then we went to Wal-mart to get Samuel some new school pants because he is yet again growing (funny how kids do that all of a sudden)but we had no success. I was going to take him to McDonalds but we walked past the deli and he wanted their popcorn chicken instead. When we went back out to the car it wouldn't start again, go figure. I am so thankful that I didn't have both of the kids at this point and that Aimee wasn't with me. A gentleman and his wife came over and helped me with giving it a jump, but no success. Aimee had the other car so picked up Bennett and me from Wal-mart. We went home and she took care of finding out what was wrong while Bennett, Lanie and I napped. During my nap several people from the squadron came by with ready made frozen meals, so that I can pop them in the oven when ever I need. Having dinners ready like that are so convenient!
Tonight was parents night out at the church and the kids call it kids night in. My boys love to go there for the evening. They hang out with their friends, play games, and watch movies. Samuel and Bennett got to go tonight, but Lanie stayed home with her girl friends and Chandler had All-star practice to get ready for the tournament this weekend. If any of you want to go he plays at 2 and at 7 at Silvan Hills. While the kids were doing their thing tonight us girls(Aimee, Brandy, Beth and I) went out and had Hibachi. I think that was the most food I have eaten in a week. We had some interesting conversations to say the least. Thanks Brandy!! :) After that we went to the mall and looked around. I found the perfect pair of boots, but of course they don't carry amazon women size(11). That's ok...I guess they weren't meant for me. They closed at 9:00 and we still had an hour before we had to pick up the kids so I got one of those water massages. You lay on your stomach in a machine and it sprays water all up and down your back side. It felt great. Especially from the waist down.

Leah, Aaron's sister wrote this in her blog earlier today.......

My mom and dad are very busy with life’s details since Aaron’s death in addition to carrying on with their mechanical contracting company. My mom has been extremely overwhelmed with caring for her mother “Grandma Charlotte” who is 85. She has not been well since Aaron's accident – her health has continued to decline, she's shown signs of depression and now is suffering from chest pains. She was admitted to the hospital this afternoon. Raegan & I spent the evening with my mom and her there. They’ve placed her in high-level care on a Nitro drip and have diagnosed her with Unstable Angina. They are not saying that she is having a heart attack but her severe symptoms and continued pain give them cause to treat her with extreme care. Hopefully we will have more news in the morning. Please pray for her comfort and God’s direction on the doctors. In addition, I would urge you to pray fervently for my mom. The pain and sadness she is experiencing is devastating and her burdens are tremendous. She has barely had time to cope with this tragedy and rest has been slim. Please, please, please pray for her strength and God’s tender healing.

No comments: