Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday Morning Blessings

Well it was the Sunday Morning get up and get ready for church day. What a blessing it was to be refreshed with that extra hour of sleep that we all got. Each one of my children(excluding Samuel becasue he was at the Gassaways house) were in a wonderful mood. Aren't they all on Sundays ;). I'm not kidding they were in a great mood this morning and they all got ready without me even getting on to them. Lanie was ready 1st and she didn't even give me a fit about what she was going to wear. I was getting Bennett's shoes on and he said the sweetest thing to me. Bennett said, "Mommy you look like a princess". For those of you who don't know who Bennett is he is my 2 year old son. I about cried because Aaron always told me how nice I looked every morning before we would go to church.

Church was great this morning. He spoke of the evidence of a believer. You can go to my favorite links and listen to the sermon right from the Central Baptist Church site. The evening service was equally good. I have been doing great at church. I know that the Lord is right there holding me and getting me through. We had a business meeting tonight and there is a section in the agenda about church membership and Aaron's name was listed on there to be removed because of his death. When I saw that I lost it. It was hard seeing his name on that piece of paper in that section. I had to remind myself of Romans 8:28---All things work together for good, for those who love God, and who are called according to his purpose.
All things are not good but all things work together for good for those who love God, and who are called according to his purpose.

I had a visit from my family liaison(Sgt Graves) and his wife Karen today. They brought us dinner, and it was good. We had a Taco ring, Chili and strawberry shortcake. Anything that is like a taco they love. Dinners being made and brought to us have been a great blessing. I really don't feel like cooking so having the dinners have been wonderful. Thank you so much for doing this for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think about you and the kids every day. I love that you have this website so I can keep up since we are so far away. I am so glad to hear that you are being so well taken care of by your church family and friends. I don't know what lost people do when they have such a tragedy in thier lives. I miss you and am looking forward to seeing you soon!!!
Love your cousin,
Rayna

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting your blog so that we can keep up with you guys. Ned, the girls and I are looking so forward to seeing you and the kids.

We miss you guys so much
Rhonda

Beth said...

Hey, Christina. I tried to email you, but my email is messing up and won't let me. Just wanted to tell you John is coming with me tomorrow to watch the kids, so if there is anything you need him to take care of around the house just leave him a honey-do list and he'll get it done. And let me know if there is anything you want me to do while you're at Chandler's game, too. See you then!