Monday, November 12, 2007

Super Sunday Blessings

Sunday a day of rest? It sure is suppose to be. Rest is different for everyone I suppose. Our day of rest included Church in the morning and evening, 2 foot ball games and lots of eating. Chandler had one of his football games in the morning at 10:00 AM so needless to say he didn't go to church but the rest of us did, including my friends Aimee and Jim.

Chandlers team did win the early game that morning so they got to play in the all-star championship game at 4:00PM yesterday. The score was 0-0 so they had to go into overtime. The had to do into double overtime and the ended up losing by one touch down. It didn't matter to Chandler he came off the field smiling. Aaron always said that he was a blond.....things like that just don't matter to him, right now. The were titled the runners up for the all-star series. He is already ready to play again next year. He even asked me last week if he could play while he was in Dentist school. (he is my future dentist)

I had been speaking to Aimee earlier this week about the Lord and having him in my life. Yesterday morning I looked at her and she didn't respond so I went up front to pray for her. Laurie Milholland prayed for the kids and I up there with me and I confessed to her that I was up there not for me but for my friend Aimee. I still need the prayers though Laurie!! I went back to my seat and asked Aimee if she wanted Jesus in her life and she said yes so I said lets go. We both went up front and she prayed to receive Christ as her personal Lord and Savior. After everyone was dismissed her husband came over to me and said that he wanted to speak to the Pastor and he also accepted the Lord as his Savior yesterday morning as well. They both were baptized together last night. Baptism doesn't save you is the 1st act of obedience to our Lord and savior. It represents death, burial, and Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is a symbol of us dying to ourselves and being raised in the likeness of Christ.

Here is a devotion that was sent by Stacy to me a couple of days ago......I want to share it with you.......

Sowing in Tears
Psalms 126:5 Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.
Psalm 126 describes an interesting process that goes against our natural tendencies when we are taken into a difficult period in our lives. Whenever we are hurled into a crisis that brings tears, our tendency is to retreat or recoil in fear and hurt. However, there is a better way that God tells us to handle such times of travail.
Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. "He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him" (Ps. 126:5-6). God is telling us that if we will do what is unnatural for us in these circumstances, He will make sure that what we sow in tears will return in joy.
Rather than sit back and allow self-pity and discouragement to consume us, we should plant seed during this time. Reach out to a person who needs a friend. Invest in the life of another. See where you can be a blessing to someone. Give of yourself.
The psalmist acknowledges that we are doing this while we are in our pain. However, during this time we are to sow seed. That seed will return to us in another form. Here is what will happen when we do this. "He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." We will receive joy and fruit from the seed that we plant during this time. Sheaves represent the fruit of a harvest. We will actually get a harvest from this seed.

Sometimes we need others around us to push us through the difficult times. If you find yourself in a difficult place today, see where you can sow some seed. Soon you will be reaping songs of joy. I know I have!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

We enjoyed Chandler, as always, and had fun in the 'friendly' competition.
The sheaves are becoming abundant. I'm sure your heart swells with pride and relief. I know you've been burdened for them.
We love you, girl!

Linda said...

Hearing that Amiee and Jim accepted Christ reaffirms that "His ways are not our ways." Aarons death put everyone on a different course that Christ knew would affect lives to fulfill His purpose of " He would have all men to be saved."
Christina, knowing you are reaching out to others to do God's will in the midst of your own pain shows the commitment to the Savior. David and I are confident that though Aaron was attracted to you, and rightly so, it was really the Lord putting you two together. Together you grew strong and sensitive to the Word. There's no one else I'd want to raise and influence our grandchildren. We pray for you each day. Through you they are seeing the scriptures in action. What better way to be impacted for life. We love you and those precious grandchildren.
Mother and Dad McCoy