Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fun in the sun

We made it to the beach this morning. It wasn't sunny at all. That was nice for taking pictures. There were lots of people out with their surfboards on the beach. There were several in the water catching some waves too. When we got there the kids played on the playground for a little bit, after that we took a little walk. We didn't go to far because we found a spot with some seashells. The girls picked a few while the boys played at the edge of the water. I had asked them not to get wet, because then the sand will stick to their feet. Needless to say they got wet. They seem to be the ones to see how far to the line they can get without crossing it, but in this case to see how close they could get to the water without getting wet. Well, they got wet alright. The water was cold but they didn't complain until we got in the car and I wanted to turn the air on. I will post some pictures hopefully tomorrow.

We brought lunch home and we all took nice long hot baths in the whirlpool tub. Samuel and Bennett got their bath 1st. Bennett turned on the jets because he wanted to know what that button did. Needless to say that ended that bath for him. He was scared after that. Once I layed Bennett down for a nap it was Lanie's and Mommy's turn. I could have stayed in there all afternoon. If I ever move I will have to make sure that I have a big tub.

For dinner tonight we went over to my grandmothers house and ate with my mom, and my grandma. She made roast, potatoes, carrots and corn beef and cabbage. I don't like corned beef but I went ahead and tried my grandmas and I loved it. It was so tender you could cut it with a fork. It was also sweet. It tasted nothing like the corned beef that I had before. I will defiantly have her teach me how to make it. After dinner we played a friendly game of mexican dominoes. This is one of my most favorite games(besides Mad Gab). Samuel played with us and had a problem in the middle of the game but I made him finish as an object lesson. It was good therapy for him because after the game he broke down and cried for his Daddy. He told me that he hasn't been bringing him up because he doesn't want to upset me. I told him that we need to do this together because we all are missing him terribly. I reassured him that it is alright to talk about him whenever he wants to and that it will help if he does.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina. I have been reading your blog daily, keeping tabs on the McCoy bunch and crying for your heart breaks and celebrating life along with you all. Tonight is no different. Reading about Samuel's breakdown and how well you handled it...I'm crying too and just so proud of you and the kids. Your faith and preserverence encourage and inspire me. I miss you all and know that I am sending such big bear hugs to each of you.

Love you all,
Gala McDonald

Anonymous said...

The beach was fun yesterday! My girls had a great time, even the poopy teenager. I am happy to hear that you and Samuel were able to open the lines of communication about Aaron. It is so important for all of you to keep his memory alive through stories and always remembering his smile and even those days that he was grumpy. (I know there had to be some.):) Thank you for sharing a few tears and words of comfort with me yesterday, even through your pain you are still able to be my friend. I love you for being you!This morning as I sit and ponder what my Thanksgiving work day will be like and remember the things I am thankful for, you and Aaron are on the list. Thank you for being apart of our lives and an inspiration. When I grow up I want to be just like you. :)

Love you
Rhonda

Jeanne robinson said...

Christina,
Sounds like you all had fun at the beach, I also like mexican dominos. Cindy pheifer taught me how to play. That is an answer to my prayers. Since your blog the other day I have been praying for Samual. Aaron was very close to all of your children but I really saw the attachment to Samual. In Sunday school out of both the oldest boys, Samual was the one that always worried about Aaron not making in home form TDY. His prayers were touching. May God please give you the peace your family needs. Love you all Happy Thanksgiving, Love Jeanne and Family