Monday, November 5, 2007

One Month Later

Today has been a very busy and productive day. I guess everyone was trying to keep me busy so that I wouldn't dwell upon the date of today. I went to the Gym, cleaned the kitchen with Kristen(thanks Kristen ! It wouldn't have gotten done without you), emptied out the travel trailer with the help of the commander and his wife Michelle, did almost all of the laundry(with the help of Carol), and went to football practice. But nothing could keep me so busy that I wouldn't remember that one month ago the love of my life went to be with our Lord Jesus Christ.
Aaron meant the world to me. He was my best friend, my confidant, my encourager, and the father of my children. Sometimes it is hard to believe that I will never be able to talk to him or hold him again while I am here on earth. I know that I will see him again one day in heaven but right now we(the kids included) want him. He was not perfect. None of us are. He was the one that the Lord blessed me to have for 11 years. He taught me so much. We did more in our 11 years together than most couples do in their lifetime. It is terribly hard to fathom that he is not going to ever walk through the door again.
I know that the Lord is helping me through this tragedy and will never leave me nor forsake me. Deuteronomy 31:6. The human side of me wants what I can't have and what no one else can give to me, which is Aaron.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Christina,
Your blog is amazing. I enjoyed our talk the other night. The grace that God continues to give you is an encouragement to me. He will NEVER leave you, no matter what!!! Just remember that. I prayed for you and all four of your kiddos RIGHT NOW.
Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Christina,
You are so welcome for the help yesterday. You know I do not mind and we are always here for you and the kids. I am just a phone call away. All of you are ALWAYS in my prayers.
Love,
Kristen

Stacy Wilson said...

Christina:
I talked to Michelle yesterday, she said they are getting ready to prepare super suppers for you to put in your deep freezer. I can't imagine the grief you are feeling. Im just so proud of you for getting up and out and trying to keep your kids involved in their normal routines. You have been strong and that shows your faith in God. You and the kids are in our prayers and we Love you.

Anonymous said...

Christina,
Heard the news when I was in Ecuador.
Wish I could be there. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know how Brian, Shaina, & I can encourage you and the kids.

Thank you for keeping the faith in our LORD Jesus.

With love and prayers,
editha

Katie M said...

Christina ,
I love you sooo MUCH !
and you mean the world to me .
your such an inspiration to soo many people . You have touched my life in so many ways . and I only hope that one day my faith in god can be as strong as yours is . your one of my role models . and you know you can always call me if you need anything or just wanna talk . I'm walking distance away .


I LOVE YOU ,
and your always in my prayers .


LOVE KATIE MARTIN .

Jeanne robinson said...

Christina,
You are amazing. I pray for you everyday. I just cry for you and I shed tears. I can not imagine your life right now. But I know God as an amazing plan for you, I love you all and Rhonda says you are coming down for Thanksgiving, I can not wait to see you and The children. I have something for you that I think might help you and the children with this sad event in you life, so please get with me at church or call me 850-218-9294. Love you jeanne