Sunday, November 18, 2007

Florida

I didn't post much last night because I was so tired from the drive. We all were up by 6:45 this morning and was on the road again at 7:45. We made it to Florida by 10:15. The kids have been wonderful so far. We drove straight to Cinco Baptist Church, where Aaron and I were members of when we lived in Florida. My nephew Stephen met us there. I saw lots of familiar faces and was warmly welcomed as always. They were all so comforting and concerned about how we all were handling Aaron's death. I was ok at times but during one song that they sang the tears just flowed. It wasn't because of a particular song it was because of one of the women that were up there singing reminded me of the day that Aaron and I dedicated Lanie to the Lord. She sang a song for the dedication and boy was it awesome. (Karen Thank you for being willing to be used by our Lord.) He was so excited to have a baby girl to do all of the things that a Dad would do with her. Just thinking of what she will miss out on by not having her earthly father here makes my heart hurt. He loved her so much and I am going to do my best with expressing that to her everyday.

After church they had their annual Thanksgiving lunch so we stayed and were able to visit with several people. It was neat to see how the kids grow. You don't realize how fast the time goes by until you see someone that you haven't seen in a while.

I know that all of you have been worried about me eating so I would like to let you all know that I ate lunch breakfast and lunch today. In about 15 minutes we will be going to the Roberts to have dinner. I think that I have more of an appetite when someone else has cooked for us. Then I don't have to do anything.

Chandler wants to type so I am going to close for now. Enjoy the rest of the day that God has given you.

We have spent the afternoon with my step-dad Mac and tonight we are going to my friends the Roberts. The kids are ready to go and go. I'm not to sure what I want to do. I know that I want to go to the beach, but I am anticipating it being hard to go there without Aaron. For the last 11 years I have not gone to the beach without him.

5 comments:

Jeanne robinson said...

It was wonderful to see you, Keep up the good work. God is right there by your side. love ya jeaane

Shannon said...

Glad you made it. Rest while you're there. EAT MORE!. You need it. I called you just a bit ago to check in on you. Enjoy yourself.

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to have you guys for dinner tonight. The cappucino machine was ready and waiting for that foofoo cup of coffee that Aaron would have liked after dinner. The kids all had a great time and are ready for more chaos tomorrow afternoon. Come ready for some Thai, thanks to Tiew. Maybe we will fatten you up before you head back to Arkansas (then we can complain about our weight as we ring in the new year)! HEHE

I am so happy that you are here, I have missed you so much.

Love you
Rhonda, Ned the butler, and the girls (he is so gettin' those gloves for Christmas)

Anonymous said...

Like I have told you before you are an amazing woman! I am so happy that you were able to drive so far and safely! Here you are with four kids driving cross country and I'm a nervous wreck about getting on the airplane with one. I love your blog, I think it is awesome how honest you are in it. You encourage me to be better wife and mother.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys made it safely. I am also glad to hear that you are eating more:) Give yourself and all of the kiddos a big hug for me. Have a good visit and we will see all of you when you get back. You are all in my prayers. Love ya, Kristen