Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Productive day

I have had a productive day today, unlike yesterday. I went to the gym this morning and met Kristen there. We ran( power walked)2miles. I came home and unpacked all of the kids clothes, and put away the ones that I hadn't put away before I left. I even got the winter clothes out of storage for the boys and got them put away. During nap time I had the chance to take a relaxing bath until Bennett threw-up on the couch. I think that he got a hold of a cup of juice that he didn't put back in the fridge from last night. He threw up twice but right now he seems to be just fine. Running around and eating anything in sight. I sent the kids with Shannon to church and Bennett and I are spending some one on one time together. I also got the laundry started, thanks to Bennett and his sickness.

I am having a hard time with Samuel and his homework. He won't focus on it and it takes him forever to get it done. He was up till 9:00 last night doing it. He gets side tracked with the other kids, the TV, wanting a drink, needing help and so on and so on. The only thing that I know to do is to confine him to his room or my room until it gets done and if it doesn't then he will not be able to do anything else. If any of you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Chandler's friend Brady has been going to AWANAS with us on Wed. evenings. His mom and dad brought his clothes by and when they did they came in for a little bit. Of course the kids were being a little rambunctious, so Brady's dad stepped in. I instantly said with tears in my eyes "I miss that manly authority around here" They so respect a man in a different way than they do a woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It helps Madison when I set a timer in front of her so she can see how much time she has for each task. Also set up a homework station that has everything he needs...pencils, paper, a water bottle, whatever else.