Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Friends

Boy, What a morning. My plans were to go get some boots with Kristen. When I called her she said she couldn't go. So I went on to walmart and just looked around for some Christmas ideas for the kids. After picking up a card I went outside to find that I had locked my keys in the car. When I realized that I had done that I ended up crying because I realized that I couldn't just call Aaron to fix my mistake. I stood in the parking lot crying trying to figure out what to do. I had to get myself together and make a decision. I called Kristen and she reminded me that the police dept. here will come and unlock it for me. So that is what I did. The police showed up and so did my friend. I thought about just going home but she wouldn't let me. We went to some shoe stores and Burlington and had some retail therapy this morning.
My friends Aimee and Jim came into town today from New Jersey to come and visit. They brought their 2 girls with them so you know that Lanie is going to have fun these next few days. They have already been such a blessing and a help with the kids and the normal everyday stuff around the house. We all went to church tonight together. John delivered the faith message.
What a blessing friends are to have. I want to encourage you to be involed and to befriend any one that you can. Even if they are in the military. Just think, if they end up moving you will have a new place to go and visit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the roses lose their fragrance,
and the world seems at an end,
When the day has lost its gladness,
what a blessing is a Friend.

One who takes you as she finds you,
caring not who is to blame,
One who knows all your shortcomings,
but who loves you just the same.

Heaven sends a gift each morn,
of a bright new day to spend,
What a joy it is to share it with,
God's greatest gift...A Friend:)

Anonymous said...

When the roses lose their fragrance,
and the world seems at an end,
When the day has lost its gladness,
what a blessing is a Friend.

One who takes you as she finds you,
caring not who is to blame,
One who knows all your shortcomings,
but who loves you just the same.

Heaven sends a gift each morn,
of a bright new day to spend,
What a joy it is to share it with,
God's greatest gift...A Friend:)

Anonymous said...

Poke, poke, jab, jab!!!! Boy that stung about the military friends. You made me laugh first thing this morning though. Truly, nothing is as valuable to me (and Ned) as the friendship we have shared with you and Aaron over the years! Even if we haven't seen you as often as we would have liked. Thanks for the new perspective and the laugh this morning! HEHE..
Love you
Rhonda