Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

For those of you who don't know the day after Thanksgiving is labeled Black Friday. I'm not quite sure why, but that today is the biggest shopping day of the year. My sister and I left the house at 4:40 this morning to do some shopping. She had all the places mapped out that she wanted to go to. !st we went to Wal-mart. Next on the list was Target I think. When we arrived there the line to get in the door wrapped around the building. The were no parking spots either so we decided to go to K-mart. There were only one or 2 things there that she needed. I was going to get a bike for Bennett there but after I read the box it said that there were no brakes. Who ever heard of a bike for kids with no brakes. I got to the register and decided not to get it. I will look when we get back home in AR. Bennett needs his own bike so that he can let his sister ride her princess bike. After we got through at K-mart we headed back to Target and had to park in the grass next door at the school. I didn't need anything from there but my sister did. I actually found a game she was looking for there. Last we went to the mall to the toy store. I found some drums for Bennett and a keyboard for Lanie. Shhh don't tell Samuel that Bennett got drums because he wants a set. We were done shopping by 10:00 AM. We had a great time. My sister is so fun. We do this each year that we are together. Aaron in the past would keep the kids but today Grandpa Mac kept them until he had to go to work and then my friend Kim and her kids came and got them. After shopping I helped my Mom go through her Christmas things and then I spent the afternoon with Kim and her kids. We had a nice relaxing time. I will be meeting the adults for a night out at the seafood restaurant in a little bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day! Meanwhile, the rest of us had to work....the sick just never all get well at the same time! HEHE Actually, even with working I managed to make it to Big Lots and Target. I was fortunate enough to still be able to find a few of the items on my list....even if I didn't go out at 4 am. :) Enjoy dinner tonight, yummy!

Love You
Rhonda

Jeanne robinson said...

Sounds like you had a blast too. Hannah and I were up and out at 3.30am on the way to JCpenneys and Belks and of course Limited Too!! I am so glad that you were able to still enjoy your day and keep your routine. You are such an incredicable woman of God. The Lord is using you in a mighty way. Please be safe Driving home. I pray that the Lord puts His Mighty Angels around your vehicle. love ya, jeanne