Tuesday, November 20, 2007

tough night

We went to my sisters for chicken spaghetti and all was going well. We ate dinner. It was wonderful. Mark made 2 batches one for us wimpy people and one for the people who like to breathe fire. We had chocolate, caramel covered popcorn for dessert. It all was delicious. The boys were playing the Wii with each other and Uncle Mark. Samuel was undefeated in the boxing tournament. I have some pictures I will post them when I can. Hopefully tomorrow after I get the part for my car.

Lanie and Aleecia played in the make-up and Bennett played with the dog almost all night. That was until he got a little tired and wanted to lay with me on the couch wioth his "DADO" (blankey). Uncle Mark walked by and kissed Aleecia and then Bennett perked up and asked me "Do you miss your Daddy?" You have to understand, all husbands are called Daddy's to Bennett. So in other words, he was asking me if I missed my husband. I told him yes. I asked him if he missed his Daddy and he told me no, so I asked him if he wanted his Daddy and he said yes. It just made me sick. I was doing so good with eating these past 2 days and now I feel that feeling again. I really can't explain the feeling any better than when you feel like you are going to get sick.

Not to long after the discussion with Bennett, the boys got into a dispute about the game they were playing. Samuel thinks that everyone is always cheating . Then he can't control his hands when his brother says he is not cheating. I had to have a talk with both of the boys, and even had to discipline one them a little more. It sure is tough being the only one that is raising these kids. Ya know, when Aaron was around I didn't have this many problems with them getting along. I know that they all are going to go through the grieving process but, what do you call being normal everyday sibling stuff and when do you say, that is going on because of the situation that we are in? Samuel is so angry at Chandler all of the time and I see Chandler getting angry at me just for asking him to do normal everyday stuff. I want to help them so bad but I don't know how to go about it. I think that when I get back home I am going to look into going to a counselor, so that we can all work through this together. It is so hard to know what to say and what not to say and what to do and not to do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristina,

You and the kids have been in my thoughts lately. I got caught up on all the blogs...you amaze me!
you're faith in God is inspiring.
Take care and have a Blessed Thanksgiving...I know of at least 4 blessings you can count!

Take care.....Hugs...Glenda Stone

Jeanne robinson said...

Christina,
I have no idea what I would do in your situation but I do know that God will give you the words to say, You are in my prayers stay strong. love ya Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I believe that you are on the right track, a counselor may very well be helpful for you all. It would give each of the children and chance to verbalize the things they are feeling and are probably afraid of saying because they worry about you. We don't heal overnight, it may take months or even years for all of you to feel "normal" again. Find a christian counselor that is good with children, someone that they would want to talk to. Don't forget about yourself either, I know how busy you are with the children, I have seen it firsthand, you need to also allow time for yourself to grieve. Stay strong in your faith and pray for God to continue to provide the things you need. I pray unceasingly for you and the children for peace, comfort and healing. Know that I am always here for you and I love each and every one of you!

Rhonda

Beth said...

Christina,
I think it's a great idea to go to a counselor. I've had to go to counseling many times in my life and it has always helped. It's so tough raising kids on your own. I struggled a lot with that when I was a single mom. But Dawson and I both started going to counseling and it really helped a lot. I continue to pray for you and the kids each day. It's going to be very difficult, but I know you can do this. You are one of the strongest women I have ever met and you're a great mother. Please don't ever feel like you are imposing on us if you need help. We love helping you, it makes us happy that we can be of some help to you. So, please just let us know what we can do, anytime, even if you need to call in the middle of the night.
We love you,
John and Beth

Stacy Wilson said...

Christina:
I also think counseling is a good idea for the kids and yourself. Its hard to know what they are feeling and thinking and it might help them to know how to express their feelings. Just remind them that God is in control and I pray he will bring you all comfort. I can't imagine what you are all going thru and how much pain you are in. You are all in my prayers and please call me anytime. We are here for you and the kids.
Hugs and Kisses! Happy Thanksgiving.
Love, Stacy