Friday, November 16, 2007

Emotions

It's amazing how your emotions will creep up on you without you even expecting them too. I have finished packing our clothes for our trip and I had one person less to pack for. That really hit me hard this morning. I had to just sit, cry, and smell some of Aaron's clothes this morning that smelled exactly like him. I also have a video of him receiving his step promotion and Bennett and I watched that together. I always cried every time he would share it with some one so I know that this time would be no different. Indeed it was different! I still cried but a little harder. I am just so thankful that we have that video of him.

I spoke to my cousin and my Aunt today to figure out driving times and distances and during each call I ended up crying. My aunt and I spoke of forgiveness and how we need to forgive the girl that make that horrible choice on Oct. 5th that took a son, a husband and a father. I know that I am suppose to do this, so I have, but I know that it is too soon to speak with her. I have had to deal with other serious things in my life and marriage where I had to make a choice to forgive and I did. The decision to forgive was easy, but confronting the person is another story entirely. Luke 6:37 says "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. "

For those of you who didn't know, Aaron was an organ donor. I have received 2 letters in the mail concerning Aaron and the donation. The 1st letter was that they were able to save blood, skin, bones, and with further testing the corneas of his eyes. The 2nd letter that I received stated that yes in fact that Aaron's eyes were good for 2 transplants. A 79 year old man and an 85 year old man received the corneas from Aaron and now their sight is restored. I was also told that they were used here locally. Even through Aaron's death he was helping others.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Christina,
You couldn't have said it any better than to say those emotions come over unexpectedly. I still can't tell anyone about Aaron without the tears.
At the time I didn't think about it but I'm not surprised that he was an organ donor. I hope those two men will now see, through his eyes, the world with tenderness and compassion as Aaron did. I always knew from early on that Aaron had a tender heart and I was thankful that he was not ashamed to show it. My heart goes out to you Christina and my tears many times are for you and the children. I know that our Lord is the great heart healer and I'm counting on Him each day.
Hugs & kisses,
Mother & Dad

Leah said...

Christina, my dear sister. I can't tell you how many times a day my heart breaks, the tears roll, and the prayers go up for you and our sweet little ones. You are right, the pain is still so raw and the emotions so easily stirred. You have been amazingly strong, but when there are days of complete weakness you then know that only our Lord can provide and He continues to. Keep clinging to His word, there is true hope there.
I slept in Aarons t-shirt last night (as I often do) but couldn't take it off today, I even wore his Mickey sweatshirt when I went to pick up Raegan at school. Thank you for them!
I too am not surprised that Aaron was a donor. What an amazing way to continue to give to others, just as he always did!
Raegan and I prayed for you at bedtime tonight for your travels and all that it will incur. There will be so many more instances for tears as you leave and travel without him this time. You are constantly in our prayers.
Hope you receive the box soon, I sent it on Wednesday.
Love
Leah