Thursday, November 8, 2007

Car trouble x2

Wow! I am sure glad that God has a plan for our lives and that he is watching over us every step of the way. My friend Aimee(she and her family are here visiting from NJ) and I got the kids ready this morning to go run a couple of errands and the car wouldn't start. I thought it might have been the battery so she called her husband and had him come over while we were gone to check it out. Yes, I was right, it was the battery, or should I say both of the batteries. Aaron did teach me a thing or 2 about cars so I knew that it was a battery problem.

Lanie did not want to go to school again today but she went anyways. When she got there she cried because Mrs. Kristin wasn't there. Once she arrived Lanie settled down and was fine for the rest of the day. I got a call from the school saying that Bennett was complaining about his tummy, but we figured out what was wrong tonight. Needless to say he had to sit on the potty for quite a while this evening.

Kristen, Amiee, Lanie and I went to a jewelry party at Stacy's house. We had a good time purchasing Christmas gifts and even a little something for ourselves. I took Kristen home and after leaving her house I got pulled over by a military police officer. I was going 25 in a 20 so I got stopped. I held it together while waiting for him to come to the car to get my licence, insurance and registration. After he left and took the info with him I couldn't hold it together any longer. Aimee was with me so she encouraged me that it was going to be ok. The gentleman came back and handed me my info and said that I was free to go. No ticket? No, no ticket. Maybe he realized who I was and had pity on me because of what I have gone through lately, or maybe he just decided to give me a warning, but better yet it was probably my God looking out for me and allowing me to realize that he really is there to take care of me! Jeremiah 29:11

After getting everyone to bed tonight Aimee and I had an awesome conversation about accepting Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior. We went through the ABC's of becoming a Christian. Admit you are a sinner(that you have sinned). Romans 3:23. Believe that the Lord came to this earth as a human and died for you. I Corinthians 15:3-4 and Commit (turn)your life to Him as Savior and Lord. Romans 10:9-10

Please continue to pray and ask the Lord to bless many through Aaron's death. Romans 8:28

1 comment:

Stacy Wilson said...

Girl, you are being challenged in all kinds of ways this week. First you get locked out of your car then a dead battery and then pulled over for speeding. If you call that speeding, just 5 miles over the speed limit. Im surprised he even pulled you over. Keep your head up! Its a blessing you have not been alone through all of this. God is making sure someone is with you when these things happen and of course he is with you always. Its a blessing to know he is always with us. Thank you for coming to my party last night. It was nice to meet your friends Kristen and Aimee. They were both really sweet. If you and Brandie and Aimee decide you want to meet up with our Sunday School class tonight, we will be at Cajuns and would love for yall to come join us. Have a good day and I will talk to you soon! :)