Wednesday, November 14, 2007

One More for Jesus

Lanie and I stayed home today since the little episode in the middle of the night last night. My friend Kristen came and picked Bennett up and took him and Briley to Burger king for lunch and to play. They then went to wal-mart and picked up a few things for the kids to do on the trip. Lanie was asleep this whole time recooperating from what ever she had in the middle of the night.

It was just a normal day for me all day today. I did laundry, picked up the house, did a little cleaning and odd and end things. The day almost felt normal, except that I couldn't just pick up the phone to call and tell my husband that I Love him. Brandy came over and brought me lunch so I had to eat. At 1st I really didn't feel like it but I know that I had to for strength. Thank you Brandy for thinking of me and bringing lunch!

I actually got to lay down for a little bit today before I went to pick the boys up from school. I also picked up a friend of theirs to go to AWANA with us tonight at church. They came home and did their homework and studied together while I heated up some dinner for them.

What an exciting night. The Lord sure is good. I got to witness 2 of my friends professing faith in Jesus Christ this past weekend and this evening, after service, my friend Kristen also accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as her Personal Savior. She was so excited to tell me and I was so excited for her. I know that it is hard for her to mention but it is because of Aaron's death that they started going to church with me. Kristen, if it meant One more for Jesus then Aaron would not have had it any other way! God Bless you all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. It has been a wonderful day. I got to hang out with my little girl and my pal Bennett. We had a great time. As you said, The Lord is Great. I made the best decision tonight to accept Jesus Christ as my Personal Savior. It has been a very emotional experience for me. I was so excited to tell you. I searched all over trying to find you for about 15 minutes. I could not wait. You are right, If it weren't for Aaron, I don't know if my eyes would have opened so quickly. I love you both and I thank you so much for your support and I know you will always be here to help me along the way.

Anonymous said...

You have got to be the most selfless person I know. Reading your blog reaffirms for me all of the reasons that Ned and I love you and Aaron so much. Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your journey, continuing to inspire and change lives daily. It is so true that we never fully know the impact that our daily actions have on others, even when we think noone is wathcing or even cares! (wink wink)

Julie H. said...

Christina, you are an amazing woman who serves an amazing God. No wonder Aaron loved you so much. I am blessed to call you my friend. I love you, Julie