Saturday, November 10, 2007

Another Saturday

Well it was Saturday morning and Lanie was the only child of mine here at home today. We got up around 8:00 and got ready for the day. The people who purchased the travel trailer form me came and took it to their home. It was exciting to know that I had sold it but when they actually cam to take it away I cried. That was the trailer that Aaron and I had been dreaming of. We enjoyed camping so much together. We loved to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and with the trailer it made that so much easier.

Chandler had his 1st all star game today at 2PM but the other team never showed up so they automatically won. They played at 7PM tonight. They played Mike and Shannon's boy Carson's team. The game was intense. The Cowboys ended up winning 14-7. Chandler had some great tackles all by himself. He even slammed Carson once all by himself. Shannon saw it, I didn't that time. He plays again in the morning. We all will be going to church and Chandler will go the game with a friend. If they win in the morning then they will play in the championship game at 4:00. I really hope that they win the morning game because then I will be able to see him play his very last game at 4.

Samuel went to a dinosaur thing today with Beth and Dawson. He said that it was awesome, besides the fictional stuff that they were saying about dinosaurs. While he was with Chase he got to ride a 4-wheeler today all by himself. He was very excited about that too. They have had lots of opportunities to do things lately that they normally would have not been able to do.

Today has been a very emotional day for me. I cried and and teared up quite a bit today. I think it might have to do with the fact that they were honoring Aaron at a Veteran's Day service that was held in his hometown. I really feel distant and not a part of what is going on up there. I try my best to stay in touch but it is so hard for me to do anything. Some days I just feel like giving up. I know that God has a plan and purpose for my life but this just hurts so much and sometimes I just want it all to disappear.

I haven't dreamt much sense Aaron's death, but yesterday I had one of those real dreams. Ya know, the ones where you wake up and realize it's not real. Usually these are bad type of dreams for me but not this one. I wanted to go back to sleep forever because I dreamt that Aaron walked in our bedroom while I was there sleeping.

I'm not sure what to say or how to end this entry tonight, except to leave you with some advice. Give your spouse a big kiss, a hug and tell them how much you love them each and every time that you leave each others presence because you never know if you will see them again in the flesh.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Hey, girl we know exactly how you feel - being so far away and not feeling a part of it. We miss you all so much and want to be there, we all need to see & hold you. The service was mainly for all Veterans there was a wreath laid but nothing more was said about Aaron. I was disappointed in how it was handled - M&D didn't even get to lay the wreath themselves. I did get some good pictures of them with the wreath though.
Grandma was doing very well yesterday - having the catherization today.
Love you, Leah