Saturday, December 1, 2007

Friday night fun

I did end up going out last night with a few friends, Shannon and Brandy. We went out to dinner at New China, then we went to some upscale kitchen store called William Sanoma( I think that is the name). They had lots of fancy-shmancy stuff in there. For those of you who don't know about Little Rock .......West Little Rock is where the people go that have money and that is where this store is. NO Brandy, Shannon or myself don't have that kind of money but sometimes it is nice to go into those kind of places and act like you do. :) After spending time with the fancy-shmancy people there, we decided to go and check out what movies were playing. We decided to go and see a movie but it didn't start for another hour so we went to Starbucks to get some coffee. Not me, I don't drink that stuff, so I get the Strawberry cold stuff or for those of you who know what frappachinos are I usually get one of those, but last night it was to cold for that so I got the hot chocolate. After enjoying our drinks and each others company, we went to the movies to see Autumn Rush. If you haven't seen that movie it is worth going to see at the movie theatres. Coming from me that must be worth it because I cringe at spending money at the movie theatres. (right Mom?) After you go you will understand. We got home around 12:30 and talked with the babysitters for about an hour. Thanks so much Merdith and Katie for keeping the kids!! After they left, Shannon and Brandy and I stayed up till 3:30 talking, crying and lots of cheek hurting laughing. I don't think I have stayed up that long in years. Brandy stayed over and we went to sleep around 4:00.

The kids got is up bright and early at 6:30 so after 2 and a half hours of sleep the only thing I could watch was the back of my eyelids, so Brandy (that spring chicken) took the 2 little kids with her to her house and let me sleep until I wanted to. The older boys came in a couple of times to ask questions but I was able to get some sleep inbetween the interuptions. I finally felt refreshed after I got up at 12:30. The last itme I slept that late was when Aaron and I took the weekend and went to Branson by ourselves for our anniversary. Thanks April for keeping them that weekend!! The kids came home and ate lunch took naps and then we went to a birthday party at the community center pool. Boy, how my kids love to swim! We came home had dinner and got ready for bed. Once the kids were in bed Brandy and I watched a movie here at the house. Or should I say I watched the movie while Brandy watched the back of her eyelids this time.

I realize that we all (the men included) need friends every day......weather it is for chatting, doing favors for us, helping us through the good... and bad times, to tell us if we look good..... or bad, to watch our kids, to give us advice, to encourage us, to make us a meal or 2, to check the house while were away, to keep our pets, to call for no reason at all, and to pray for each other. I guess to sum it all up to be a friend means to be a blessing to someone you care about. Don't forget to tell them that too!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad I didn't take my usual approach last night and stay home (like you and I usually like to do...unlike Aaron and Mike.) I REALLY enjoyed myself and I hope that it was good for you. I love you girl!

Rhonda's Rants! said...

I am so happy that you and the girls had fun! Laughing is good therapy. I happen to love Williams & Sonoma, they have cool gadgets. I can't afford alot of the things in there but it's a good place for ideas. We are going to have to do a girls night out during the week that I am in town....but then of course I will be staying a week so it will be a week long slumber party! Can I do your hair and makeup? hehe :) Again, I am happy to know that you are getting out some for a change of scenery. Can't wait to see you...24 more days!
Love you
Rhonda

Jeanne robinson said...

Wow I am so proud of you for getting out and enjoying yourself. It t sure sounds like you had a blast. Thanks for keeping us intouch. remember we love you have a blessed week Jeanne remeber we said a prayer for you today