Sunday, December 16, 2007

magical

I spoke with the kids today all but Bennett. He is a little under the weather. The big boys went 4-wheeling today. Samuel said that he knows how to jump now. I asked him how he learned that and he said that when he hit a rock he just accelerated. I asked him if the thing had brakes and he said that he forgot about them. I was teasing him but he took me seriously. Oh well.

I spoke with Beth today and she said that there was a poinsettia left on the front porch yesterday for the 1st day of Christmas. Today she said that there were 2 packages on the porch and the note said something like this...... these 2 gifts are for the family to enjoy. They just seem to magically appear on the porch. I told her to watch for something tomorrow because there might be 3 of something there. Then it hit her someone is doing the 12 days of Christmas for me. Who could it be? Could it be our Sunday school class? I drilled Beth and she said no. Hummmmm who else could it be? Another Sunday school class form church, a neighbor or neighbors? Could it be a secret admirer? I couldn't be the same one who sent me the rose, could it? No, he is in Florida and the 12 days of Christmas is happening in Arkansas. This is going to be fun to figure out. I will figure it out. You better have some clever ideas up your sleeves who ever you are. I know, it's Kylan! He is the magician right?

This trip has been great for me. I have meet a lot of new people from all types of back grounds and ways of life. Yet one thing we all have in comon is that we are all on earth for a reason. We might not know that reason, but all things will work together for good for those who love God and who are called according to his purpose. Romas 8:28

3 comments:

Beth said...

Well, last night there was a gift bag on the porch and a card that said, on the 3rd day of Christmas, three things for you and your family, or something like that. I put it under the Christmas tree. These elves are sneaky...I never see them come and go!

Anonymous said...

Christina,

So good to hear you are enjoying your time alone. It may be good for the kids too as they are reminded they do have a wonderful mother and maybe a new appreciation. Whoever the secret person is I'm so thankful that He has once again put you in someones mind to show you love. Our God is so good as He works through His people. Sending a BIG HUG your way.
Love Mother

Christie Ison said...

Crud, now I feel really bad that we didn't think of that (the Sunday School class)! What a great idea!

Love,
Christie