Thursday, December 13, 2007

I made it!

I have finally made it to Florida!!!! I left Little Rock this morning on a flight at 6:30 to Memphis. My connecting flight was to be at 9:30. During the 2 hour lay over I went to get come Starbucks ( I actually tried a peppermint white chocolate latte)and a bagel. After doing that I went to have relaxing wait at my departing gate. After watching the hundreds of people walk by they announced that my flight had been cancelled due to weather. Immediately my eyes swelled with tears as I laughed out loud. I said to myself......Ok what would I do if Aaron were here? Go and get rescheduled for another flight later in the day. I did just that. I was scheduled for a 2:30 flight to come in at 3:30. During the next 5 hours that i had to myself, I bought a book and started reading it, I talked to numerous friends, I did more people watching, and I even took a nap at the departing gate.
I prayed that this flight would not get canceled because the 1st thing that I wanted to do was to go to the beach. I did just that. I watched some surfers ride that waves and some skim borders( who I think were trying to show off) do flips in the air. Then as the sun began to set I walked toward the sunset watching every minute of it. It is absolutely breathtaking. The orange, red and yellow colors of the sun setting glistening off of the ocean as the waves crash next to the seashore. Aaron and I loved to go out to the beach to walk and talk. There were some seagulls along my path so I decided to run right into the middle of them to see how fast they would scatter, but that didn't happen. I believe that they were not afraid of me at all and just kept circling around overhead. It was so peaceful and relaxing out there. I might even go in the morning if time permits.
I have been up since 3:45 so I need to get some beauty sleep.
God Speed, Christina (Jer 29:11)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad you made it and wish I could have seen the beautiful sunset as well. Enjoy yourself and relax. All is well here in the rock. You are in our prayers. P.S. I won't wake you up at 2:30am tomorrow;) Love ya.
Kristen

Leah said...

So glad to hear you made it despite the eventful airport happenings! The sunset must have been incredible, sounds like you are really soaking it all in. Enjoy it! Whatsoever things are pure, honest, of good report - think on these things!! May He restore your soul and heal your heart during these few quiet days. As you know - I love ya!
Leah