Sunday, December 2, 2007

routine

Today has been a routine day for us.....Get up go to church, have lunch, take a nap(yes, all of us took a nap) and go back to church in the evening. Tonight my friend Kristen was baptized. That was very special to me because of the tragedy that has happened in our life there is another person that will be in heaven one day with our Lord Jesus.

I was doing some research for a friend of mine. She asked about having a daily devotional or what you can also call a quiet time. She had heard Aaron and I talking of it in the past and because she is a new christian she wanted to know. So, I have been on the computer looking up some daily devotionals for her via books and e-mail articles. Because she is a new christian she needs to start out with something that will encourage her and something that will help her grow int he word. While I was looking around I came across one that the Lord intended for me, and it could possibly help some of you. It is located at www.crosswalk.com/11560254/ It is not meant to get you down in any way but to lift you up and encourage you, like it did for me.

2 comments:

Rhonda's Rants! said...

Did you think of the monthly devotional from Lifeway, "Journey" for women. I have been using that one for several years and the devotions are directed toward hurdles in our daily lives. It is easy to read with scripture references and it also includes a few stories each month. No, I don't get any commision from Lifeway. I just really like the magazine. :)
Love you
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your friendship and especially for all of your support. You are a wonderful person and I cherish you very much. You are always there for me when I need you, whether it be going to the gym, letting me vent, bringing me headache medicine, or even doing repair work on my vacuum cleaner;) but most importantly, you always point me to Jesus Christ. Excepting Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior was and is amazing and is the BEST decision I have made in my life, and I owe that to you and Aaron for being the bible and showing me the way. I love you and cherish our friendship more than you will ever know. Thank you...and I cannot say that enough:)