Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January 1st

I guess I need to catch everyone up on what has been going on here in Arkansas since some of you have been asking.......

Sunday...need I say more it is the Lords day. If you don't attend church regularly may I suggest that you should. I don't know how I would handle all of this if the Lord was not 1st and formost in my life. We went to church and it was good(it always is). Kylan our youth minister preached and a music minister stood in for our normal music guy. Nothing lacked at all!!! Watch out Brother Stephen :) I felt so refreshed and encouraged after attending both services. As we should be. There are also times when we sould feel convicted.

Monday.....New Years Eve....I had a baby sitter for the kids. Rhonda and I went and returned some items and went shopping. I needed some jeans because all of my clothes are way to big(can you say baggy bootie). I would say I love to shop but then I would be fibbing. I can stand it for abut an hour or so then I start having anxiety when I reach the counter and they tell me the total. Does any one else have this problem? Not the women I assume. Aaron use to tall me that I could squeeze blood out of a turnip. HaHa I'm not joking he always told anyone that. It never bothered me though because that is how we were able to afford nice things. When we got home the older boys went to some friends for the night. Rhonda and I (or should I say Rhonda) watched a movie while I watched the back of my eyelids. See I really didn't want to stay awake for the new year because I was missing my other half to welcome it in with.
Last night and today has been very hard for me because every year we would have a whole bunch of people over our house to eat, play games, shoot pool, play foosball and do what ever else we wanted.

I have not been myself today. Ronda left this morning and I have been cooking all day as well as talking with friends on the phone. Sometimes to helps to talk and then again sometime it doesn't. I guess it depends on the person that you are talking to. It just doesn't seem like I am going to be able to get through all of this...I have to remember that Philippians 4:13 says... I can do all thing through Christ which straightens me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Christina. I have been wanting to call you but I will leave it a day or so. I don't want to be a pest. You will make it through, it is very clear to everyone that you are abundant in your faith and your friends, with those two things, there will be no doubt you will get through this. Know that I think of you often and I will see you in a few months!!! (we are so excited that we can say that now!!) I love you bunches. Susan

Christie Ison said...

Christina,

You WILL get through this, in a fashion that brings glory to God and encouragement to all those around you, especially those great kiddos of yours.

I'm glad we've got to spend more time together. Let's do it again. I'm always available if you need me to listen.

-Christie