Sunday, January 27, 2008

playin catch-up

Friday.....lets see, what did we do Friday? Humm it really wasn't that long ago but, it seems like the days just get away from me. Ok so back to Friday....We went to the Gym then came home and did some things around the house, showered, took the boys McDonald's for lunch( I try to do this every once in a while), came home and took a nap. Friday night the boys went with Richard to the Monster truck jam, while Lanie and Bennett and I stayed home. Thanks for taking them Richard they had a blast!! I didn't mind staying home at all. I haven't wanted to go anywhere or do to much lately. Plus, there was an Ice storm south of Little Rock so I really didn't want to venture out in that mess.

Saturday...I slept in till nine. YEA!!! I say "I" slept in because all 4 kids were up and playing together. It is nice that they all get along(sometimes) so that I can get some rest. I really wasn't tired I was just having a day where I wanted to just lay in bed. I finally decided that I better get up and spend some time with the kids so I did. We didn't do to much though. Played around and watched a little TV, that's about all. At nap time Richard came over to get the boys to take them to use their gift cards that they got for Christmas from my friend Rhonda. Once they left the little ones went down for a nap and so did I, go figure. I said it was a weekend. They got back pretty late and brought pizza home with them so I didn't have to cook yet again. Boy am I getting spoiled. I hope I remember how to cook once I decide I want to again. We didn't do anything that evening but hung out.

I did receive a call from Aaron's brother saying that he was coming through Little Rock for a delivery that he has to make in Texas for Monday morning. He was trying to get here to visit with us but a truck that he was running with ended up slipping into a ditch and they spent hours trying to get him out. Needless to say they didn't make to LR until 5AM. He was going to try to go to church with us but the person that he was running a load with wanted to be at their destination by dark and to do that they were going to have to leave around 11AM. So we did not get to see Adam this time. He is going to try to stop when he passes through on his way back. That will probably be Wednesday. I pray that he will be able to do that. The kids are wanting to see him bad.

Sunday....This Sunday was almost like any other Sunday for us lately. Get up, eat, get ready, go to Sunday school then church, go to lunch, come home take naps( Lanie Bennett and me that is, the boys do homework, watch TV or play games), get up again, get ready again, go to choir, go to church, come home, eat dinner(I actually cooked tonight), get ready for bed and go to sleep.

So there are the last 3 days in a nutshell....not to exciting but we enjoyed ourselves(at least I did). After this weekend I am ready to go out and hang with my friends!!! So ladies and/or gentlemen, lets put something together!! Friday night is the Winter jam, maybe we can meet for dinner before the concert or go after the concert? If your up for it let me know!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina! So glad to hear you and the kids had a good weekend. And I'm glad to hear Adam may be able to stop by. I didn't get to call him this weekend,so it was fun to get an update from you. By the way, Carol's mom had major surgery...I will call her today and see how she is doing, then let you know.
I've been really touched by your last couple of entrys. I'm excited to hear you are interested in some new ventures. One of my favorite authors, "Elizabeth George", often says the best time to do some of those new things is while your children are young. Usually as they get older, life becomes busier. However, becareful not to fill up your life to crowd-out the loneliness or overwhelm your schedule (four children and all their schedules can be over whelming in and of themselves...I'm learning!!) But, I have to share something that was on my perpeptual calander that day. It's all about "The Grace Of Encouragement"...by Chuck Swindoll. It read..."Give the dreamers room. Go easy on the "shouldn'ts" and the "can'ts," okay? Dreams are fragile things that have a hard time emerging in a cloud of negativism-reminders like "no money," and "too many problems." (The Quest for Character,p.171) And the verse...For with God nothing shall be impossible.(Luke 1:37)
By the way, the "Valleys" illustration is so true. Sometimes we wish we were in the plains somewhere, so we could see for miles what was up ahead. However, if I knew, I'd certainly find the nearest rock, climb under and just hide. Certainly the valleys are dark and rocky...but, in looking back we find... it is on these rocks that we climb. I know there is no comparison...but, when we were in the midst of those four years of having Zachary diagnosed, I don't think there was a day that I didn't ask the Lord, "How in the world are you ever going to use this to your honor and glory?". And of course, "Where is the end to all of this?" What I didn't realize is that somethimes the Lord just creates a "New Normal" in our lives and provides peace that surpasses all understanding. Giving us a whole new testimony and ministry than we ever imagined...A good reason to never get to far ahead of Gods plan, and start planning our own futures. I had to learn "In all my ways to acknowledege Him... and He would direct my paths." I guess I am saying all of this too, knowing that at any day I am going to give birth. And I have no idea what could be in store. I pray for a healthy little girl. But, I also have to be aware that the Lord may have other plans. No matter what, I can only trust that He will be my "peace", and if He chooses to give me another "New Normal", I will seek his plan and purpose in it all. After all, these things are not "Periods"(.) in our lives just "Comas"(,) They don't define who I am...But, who I belong to and where He is taking me next. Wow! I wasn't expecting to say all of that! Sorry if I got carried away. I certainly do miss all of you. I love looking at your family picture. And you are all in our prayers continually! Rachel can't wait to see Samuel again, and Ryan just loves seeing Chandler's picture each time you post them. I can't believe how big Bennett is, and Lanie is still as precious as ever. She has your beautiful face. Lots of hugs and kisses to all! Amy

Anonymous said...

As I begin to type the things that are runnning through my head, I would like to say that this comment really has nothing to do with your "playin catch-up" posting. In fact, other people probably won't get much out of this, but you'll probably understand where I'm coming from (hopefully).

The word of the day is "thumb"!

According to my dictionary, the word has more than one meaning, and in conversation, it's used in ways that actually contra-indicate each other. The word itself actually describes one of the digits on the hand. However, when being used, the thumb can be interpreted several ways. Thumbs up can mean you've done a good job. Thumbs down means an expression of rejection, refusal or disapproval. "being all thumbs", meaning clumbsy or awkward. Anyway... for today, I will use the last (clumbsy or awkward). In today's society, our thumb actually gets used more than ever before, simply because of the texting abilities we have with our cell phones. Usually, when I text someone, I quickly whip something out and don't proof it, and sometimes don't even think about how it could be interpreted until after my thumb hits the send button. Then it's too late to reconsider. Today, I actually only sent five text messages. That's actually a pretty calm day. But with a slip of the thumb, you could get the correct message across, or you could get yourself in a mess. I don't really know what kind of communication skills my thumb had today, but I probably need to send it to speech class so it can learn more about the benefits of effective communication. If I could use white-out on my phone, I would erase a couple of the messages I sent today, and re-think the use of my thumb, and let it re-type one that said "I hope you have a good day", but I can't.

For those who are thinking that this person really is off their rocker, you probably are right. If any of you know where to take thumb communication classes, be sure to give details in Christina's blog.