Sunday, January 6, 2008

God hand

This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it.......

Sunday's my favorite day of the week. The day I can go to corporate worship and praise the Lord with other believers. I love surrounding myself with others who will lift each other up by prayer and encouragement.

A friend of mine sang a song this morning and it was just beautiful....... It was called I will lift my eyes, by Bebo Norman. Then Dave our music minister got up to sing and I didn't know what he was going to sing because I hadn't looked at the bulletin and when the 1st few chords came on I immediately looked for some tissues because it was the song by casting crowns titled .... I will praise you in the storm. Wow how god works. I am so glad that I took time with Samuel the other night, even though it was late, to help him download songs for his MP4 player. ( I am not good at those sorts of things but I managed with help from my brother in law, thanks Mark) That was one of the songs that we came across and had been listening to it all weekend. I am so thankful the God prepared me for that because if I had not heard it for the past 2 days I would have been a blubbering idiot this morning during church. If you let God have his hand in your life then you will be able to handle things in his strength.

I'm cutting this short tonight because I am going to force myself to go to bed. I fell like tonight might be rough for me because Bennett has a fever and that is never good in the middle of the night. God Bless...keep looking up! Christina

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Funny about that song...I heard it coming from your bedroom this morning as I wearily sat on your couch and watched you through bleary eyes get ready for church. I thought of Aaron. After laying Ethan down last night I noticed Aaron's Bible sitting on the nightstand. I picked it up. I noticed that one of the many pieces of paper lodged in between the pages was a visitor card from November 2005. It was mine and Mike's. I showed it to Mike. We miss Aaron.

Anonymous said...

God is so faithful ! I thought I could never enjoy a song again when Aaron died. My days use to be full of songs in my head and on my lips but the sadness was so overwhelming. But as I focused on the verses I had memorized, it forced me to realize that now I have to put them to practical use. As the Lord comforted and encouraged me this way, one day I found myself singing. Thanks be to God for putting a song in my heart again. Music was such an integral part of Aarons life and now it's a part of his eternal life as he sings praises before his Savior. Oh how I miss Aaron but one day he'll have to move over and give me room to join in the praises :)
Hugs,
Mother

Leah said...

The week after we buried Aaron I went and bought the CD with that song! I have listened to that song over and over and over again. Raegan knows it as "One of Aaron's songs". It has been a constant reminder that God is always good and that I am to praise Him in EVERYTHING! So I will continue to praise the God who gives and takes away and I know He will catch every tear I cry. It is through Him alone that we can weather the storms. Batten down the hatches there's no promise of an easy life but God gives us ETERNAL LIFE!
Love you so much
Leah