Friday, January 25, 2008

challengeful situations

I don't really feel like writing much tonight. I have had a lot on my mind today and realize that things could in fact be worse. I am not saying that what has happened isn't bad because what has happened in our family was a terrible tragedy. I am just saying that it could be worse!! If you look at the good in things it is hard to focus on the bad. I keep looking at scripture for my strength and guidance. There is nothing I can do nor, is there anything that anyone else can do or say that can change what has happened.

In ANY situation moving on can be a challenge. We ALL have something in our lives that we are going through that is painful. Our pastor says....either you are coming out of a valley, going through the valley or you are about to be in the valley. (that is not a direct quote, but it is close to what he says)

While our tears still may come and the "why's" still find their way to our lips, our faith and hope for the future that God has planed for us can be the firm footing that we need to go forward.
Whatever you are going through remember to focus on what God wants you to do with that situation and he will help you move on.
I guess I had alot to say tonight anyways, Christina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the past year, I've witnessed some of my best friends as they have faced some very difficult situations. Of course the loss of Aaron was one and Another family who lost a child in March being the other. I can't imagine how I would have reacted if either of these situations had happened directly to my family. I have had the priviledge of spending time with both (your family and the other), and in both families I've heard just what you said in the blog "it could be worse". You know that Aaron was saved! The other family knows that their child was too! That in it self is enough to show that it could have been worse. Both families have been able to celebrate in that fact that their loved ones are now with Jesus. Not every family can say that with surity like you can.

Those valley's you mentioned seem to always come when you least expect it. You seem to never be prepared for the valleys, but they come anyway. You might as well take your climbing shoes and ropes with you at all times, because it's inevidable that you'll need them sometime soon. When the valleys come, the ropes and climbing shoes that you need are actually the hands of Jesus leading you and the feet of Jesus carrying you. We all experience valleys in our lives, and without them, we wouldn't appreciated the peaks of life nearly as much.

I know you well enough and I also know the other family I mentioned well enough to know that God is the centerpoint or main focus in your life. Keeping God as that focal point is the only way to come out of the valleys that we face. Moving on will be hard to do, but time heals, time brings clarity, and time keeps ticking on. Let the tears flow, don't try to hold them back.
Later,
rc

Jeanne robinson said...

Wow Christina I am speechless. Your blog and the Anonymous blogs message has grabed my heart. First Christina You are so strong in the Lord that it is so inspirational to me. I always knew you and Aaron were, but I never imagine that Aaron we go so quickly to be with our lord and to leave you behind to do the mission work that God has called you two to do. God has a mighty plan for you, years from now we will kmow. But I would like to tell you that you are amazing, and If Gods will is for me to go through the same Valley or any valley I will definatly be looking up to you and know that I can do all things through Christ Jesus. Thank you for being the mentor for Christ to let all of us know that God is always with us you are a wonderful example We all know that God is with us, but when we go through a valley Personally it is really hard for me to focus, But Christina I read your comments and you remind us. Love ya Have a great weekend. Jeanne