Thursday, January 3, 2008

back to school

The kids went back to school today. I don't think that any of us were ready for that. Chandler was the only one that got up this morning in time to get ready for school. I heard a knock at the door at 7:50 and it was their ride for school. Chandler was the only one out of bed. Thank goodness I fell asleep with my clothes on last night. I had to go wake Samuel up and shove him out the door. He never got dressed that fast in his lifetime. He had to eat a banana and a granola bar on the way to school. Lanie and Bennett were an hour late for school. I really should set the alarm clock since my kids are sleeping in now.

I told Julie this morning that I was not going to go back to work this year. The only time I have for myself are the 2 days that they all go to school. These are the days where I can be on the phone and not be interrupted, go to Dr. appointments, go shopping by myself, eat a meal in peace, and so on and so on. Today I had planned to go to the bank, do my laundry, pay the bills, and take a nap. I did 2 out of the 4 of them by the time I had to go and pick up the little kids from school. I went by the bank and napped, boy did I need that nap. Now I can't sleep though. I am in the middle of doing laundry and I did end up getting the bills paid. It is so easy to do them on line, and fast too. I was so set against the on-line bill paying thing, but after Aaron passed I had to make my life easier in certain areas and that was one of them.

Samuel is having a rough time right now with his daddy not being here anymore. He is struggling with thoughts about me dying when he is not with me. He doesn't want me to go anywhere without him. He has also told me that all he wants is for God to take him to his daddy in heaven. Needless to say I have an appointment with a doctor today to get him seen for these issues.

3 comments:

Rhonda's Rants! said...

I am glad that you made the appt for Samuel! I hope that it will help him to work through some issues....learn how to cope without anger. I love you guys so much. Know that I am only a phone call away, if you need me I will do everything in my power to get back to you and the children.

Jeanne robinson said...

I am still praying for you. Christina you hang in there You can do anything through the LORD JESUS CHRIST. I am so glad that you are talking to someone for the children that is the best thing you can do My mother had us in counseling when we were their age. I loved it. I am praying for the Lord to give you many peaceful days and guide you the way He wants you to go. I love you all KEEP THE FAITH. Love Jeanne

Anonymous said...

As forward as it may be I apoligize, To be absent from the body is to present with the Lord and in doing so as HARD as it is to relate to the pain.We all Have to focus that such a Great Husband,Father,Friend and Mentor That our Great Brother IS! I ask that we realize that him being with our Master, He is able to see the good we do and able to see God work in our lives. Christina, this is hard for me to write and I wish I could do something to ease your situation yet as the Father is Omnipotent so are the ones who are with him. Not in the full affect as our Lord's Diety yet he's There. You guys are a complete inspiration to my family and I want to do all I can to help you guys in any way. I think of how God has brought us this far and we will see his Glory in a defining way. Samuel,continue to be the strong leader that your father has made you to be and thru Jesus Christ You have a connection. Have faith in ALL things. I am excited about what God is gonna and doing in your life!Take a tight grip on the tools that have been given and continue to carry such a Great legacy that is before you!!!