Monday, January 21, 2008

somewhere in the middle

Sunday morning......usually its a morning of pure heck, running around like crazy to leave for church on time. Not this morning we got up and everyone was quite peaceful. I thought to myself.... it's going to be a great day. I even wore the dress that I wore for Aaron's funeral. I was ok with it besides it being about 3 or 4 sizes too big. I have wanted to wear it before but I would always remember it as "the dress". It didn't seem to bother me yesterday at all. I wore it all day until I went to bed last night.
We always listen to christian music on the way to church and yesterday morning was no different. When we pulled up to the church I had tears running down my face. I'm not quite sure why to tell you the truth, but they were there in full force. I think the song that we were listening to got to me. The song is by casting crowns it is called somewhere in the middle.

Here are the words..........

Somewhere between the hot and the cold~Somewhere between the new and the old ~ Somewhere between who I am and who I use to be~ Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me~ Somewhere between the wrong and the right~ Somewhere between the darkness and the light~Somewhere between who I was and who your makin me~Somewhere in the middle you'll find me~Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control~

Chorus.....
Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense~ Deep water faith in the shallow end and we caught in the middle~ With eyes open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is~ But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle~Are we caught in the middle?

Somewhere between my heart and my hands~Somewhere between my faith and my plans~Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves~ Somewhere between a whisper and a roar~ Somewhere between the altar and the door~Somewhere between contented peace and always wanting more~Somewhere in the middle you'll find me~ Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without loosing all control~

Chorus...repeat 2 times
Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense~ Deep water faith in the shallow end and we caught in the middle~ With eyes open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is~ But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle?

Lord, I feel You in this place and I know you're by my side~ Loving me even on these nights when I'm caught in the middle, caught in the middle.

I listen to this CD all of the time...It is awesome....
After listening to this song it made me realize that we all are in different places somewhere between who we are and who He is making us. If we let Him He will do this through any circumstance that happens to come our way. Keep lookin up~~Christina

2 comments:

Rhonda's Rants! said...

You know I am also listening to that CD. There is not a song on it that does not touch me in some way or the other. Thank you for continuing to inspire me even though you are soooo far away.
Love You
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Like you said at the end of your blog, we are all somewhere in the middle of where we've been and where we are headed. For years, I've thought that I knew just where I needed to be, and I always tried to make sure that I was headed that direction in life. Every once in a while, I have to step back and look from afar to see that God knows more than I do! I've known that all along but occasionally I get carried away with everyday life and forget for a while. When I do step back and look from afar, I see that maybe God already has me where I need to be. If I let go, and let Him control my life, He will take care of everything. Sometimes being in the middle means that you aren't quiet to where you are headed yet (in Gods plan for your life), and sometimes being in the middle means that you are RIGHT where God means for you to be for the moment (in Gods plan), and just didn't make it to where you were headed (in your own plan). I don't always understand why I'm where I am, but I do know there is a reason. Maybe God held me here (in the middle) for a reason? For so long I have tried to set my own path. This time, I'm trying to let God put me where He wants me to be. I don't know if you know it or not, but the Blogs you write and some of the ones that Aaron's Mother and sisters have written have made an impact on my life. By you being where you are in your life and sharing your comments/feelings/emotions, we (the readers) have learned so much about ourselves. Thank you for sharing. I know that some of the readers have known you for a long time. Some of us are still getting to know you. Either way, you and the kids have touched our lives. I know you've touched mine.