Thursday, February 14, 2008

We made it through

Well, I made it through one of the days that I thought would be the toughest since Aaron's death. I knew I would but, I wasn't sure how emotional it would be. We all got up this morning and wished each other a Happy Valentines day. The big boys went off to school while the little kids and I got ready for for us to go to school. After I dropped them off I went for some retail therapy. It is always nice to go to the store just to browse. I then met a friend for lunch and went home and relaxed a little before I picked the little kids up. Then we ran a couple of errands and talked with a friend in the car line while waiting for the boys. After getting home I helped them with their homework while the little ones ate every stitch of candy they got from their valentines parties. Samuel and I had another heart to heart talk this after noon. I had to call Leah to get things off of my chest. Please continue to pray for him he is having the roughest time of us all right now. I beleive him being so emotional is actually taking my mind off of missing Aaron so much.
Someone from the squadron brought dinner tonight to us all cooked and ready. It tasted so good!! On top of that, I didn't have to cook on Valentines day. After dinner I opened up the barber shop, that is what Aaron use to call it when I would cut the boys hair. Chandler was 1st. Poor boy, he seems to always be the one who goes 1st. I think it might be because he is so quick at everything that he does. Then was Bennett's turn, Lanie's and last Samuel's. Bennett took a shower with Samuel(Bennett loved taking a shower with Aaron) while I bathed Lanie. Chandler was already done and out of the shower by then. We called it an early night because they have been having a hard time getting out of bed in the morning lately. They were all asleep by 8.
After they were in LaLa land I did some laundry, hooked up the Wii, (it wasn't hard) and gave myself a pedicure(I love getting pedicures). Overall, I have had a very nice day. There were many times I thought about Aaron and the past Valentines that we had had together...Memories...they can never be taken away!!
I want to thank all of you who texed, called and even stopped by to make me feel special today!! My friends are near and dear to my heart.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I am glad you had a "day" Not sure if it was good or bad but it sounded like it was ok. It will get easier, We (my sister, brothers and I) just had the 1 year mark (I don't want to use anniversary!!) on February 10th of my Mothers passing. It was hard as was her birthday last June and of course the holidays, I have a feeling that they will be the toughest of all for the rest of my life. I am sure it will be the same for you and I am not trying to compare my mothers passing to your losing a husband but I just wanted to assure you that the hurting will ease with time. I love you.

Susan

Jeanne robinson said...

I am so pleased to hear that you had a better day that you thought, PRAISE GOD, HE IS SO GOOD!! I love when I see prayers being answered. Have a blessed and peaceful weekend love ya Jeanne

CM said...

You are a woman of many talents! You go from mom to hair stylist, back to mom, game technician, pedicurist....and did I say mom...lol.

I made it through Valentines day. I was sure glad to get my boys. We went to dinner and watched the movie Gameplan...it was good.

Thank the Lord for our kids as they can help us through our struggles. I tend to discover through my dealings with them how the Lord sees us and deals with us in a similar manner.

I pray for your whole family daily and believe that your faithfullness will reap many rewards.....even some you may not know or ever hear about.

God is awesome and I know His hand is upon you!

God bless you my friend!