Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tuesday's Therapy

Today was my 1st therapy appt. by myself. It went very well. The 1st thing we discussed was the talk that my pastor and I had this morning. I was able to share my faith with her, and where I am spirtually. :)

She assured me that everything that I am going through at this point in my life is perfectly normal for a greiving spouse. Expecially to be a greiving spouse so unexpectedly and to be one at such a young age. The lonliness, the desire for others to be a part of my life, the uncertainty, the acceptance, these are all destractions. They are all very normal for a greiving spouse. The destractions in others eyes might not necessarily be healthy distractions but they are all in fact destractions. I realize that some of the distractions that I have had have not been wise choices on my part. Even though I wasn't doing anything wrong the potential for Satan to work his way into my life could have been there. It didn't take me talking to anybody to realize this, that happened all on my own. Or shall I say it happened with a big smack down by God, a couple of weeks ago.

Its amazing how his word speaks to us each and every day, as long as you are constantly in his word and in prayer. Thank God that I have the love for the Lord that I do and that I know who to turn to in times of weekness and dispair. I'm so glad that I have my faith! I couldn't imagine going through this without being firmly planted on The Solid Rock that I stand!!

She did give me some suggestions and I am going to try to do those things. Overall, the talk was a good one. I cried, I laughed...how is that possible to do in a therapy session? I'm not to sure, but it was done!!

Samuel and Chandler both get to talk with her tomorrow. I'm curious as to what Chandler is going to say because he dosen't say to much about his feelings.

Still Looking up!!!!

No comments: