Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Celebration of Love

Valentines Day.......I always remember it as a time when Aaron and I would celebrate our love for each other. He would send me flowers, or even go and pick them and bring them home, but the thing that I cherished the most was the card that he would always have for me on that morning. I knew that it meant so much because he would spend hours trying to find that perfect card. Needless to say, they were never perfect enough for him, so he would always write something personal in it because he always had something else to add (his Mom taught him this). I loved this part of the card because then I knew that it came from his heart. In the evening of Valentine's day we would go out to dinner, take walks on the beach, go see a movie, go shopping, or even have a quiet evening at home.

Sometimes we were together for the "celebration" and sometimes he was over in the sandbox, but no matter if we were together or apart we always made each other feel extra special on this day. Now that he is no longer with me in a physical presence he is still definatly in my heart. This Valentines day will be different that is for sure, but I know that the Love that I have for Christ and the Love that Christ has for me dosen't compare to the "love" celebration that will be going on tomorrow around the world. If only everyone would understand how Christ feels about us individually, things would be so much different in this world that we live in.
John 15 verse 12-13 Jesus tells the deciples that HIS command is to love each other as HE has loved them. He loved them so much that HE would lay his life down for them as HE did for them and for us!!! That is the ultimate sacrifice!!

For those of you who read my blog and who are single hold your head up high because Christ has you in that place of your life for a reason. He might want you to focus on loving him 1st completely before he gives you someone to love.

Keep looing up!!!

7 comments:

Susan said...

It amazes me Christina that you are able to give other people advise to hold there head up when sometimes, I am sure all you want to do is lay yours down. You are truly an amazing woman. God will be with you tomorrow as well as the other loves of your life. I will be thinking of you to. Have a good day and just know that one day, God will find you another special someone in His own time.

I love you and I think of you everyday.

Suse

Jeanne robinson said...

Susan is right you are amazing. God is using you in so many peoples lives. Even through want you have been through Your words are so powerful. May God be with you Tomorrow and I will say a special prayer for you. Have a peaceful week Love ya Jeanne

CM said...

Christina:

I know guys are supposed to have this macho image, but I couldn't help but to shed some tears as I read this blog.

You know, this will be my 1st Valentines alone in 14 years. Even though I do have some sadness, my joy comes in the morning!

You have been a constant inspiration to me since the first day that I met you and I can not thank God enough for the friend I have found in you!

His strength is perfect when my strength can not be found, so as you so wonderfully put, I will completely trust in Him!

Thank you so very much!!!

Anonymous said...

Christina
You have two people here in PA that love you so very much. We pray for you and the role you must do alone. You bring us joy as we see you finding your strength in God's Word. Hearing that there is conversation going on between you and Samuel just thrills my heart. Phil.4:11 says "in whatsoever state you are therewith be content". How important to accept where God has placed us, bringing us to a place that He can show us more of Himself. And by doing so, we have confidence that we can stand on our own IN HIM ! He will show you that you're stronger than you think and that indeed He is sufficent. In due time there will be another love and that is my prayer for you. You make a wonderful "helpmeet" (Gen.2:18)You and Aaron were quite a pair and he always told me how terrific you were, but I already knew that !
Love ya,
Mother

Anonymous said...

Hey Christina, this is RC..

Thank you for sharing with us about your love for Aaron, Aaron's love for you, and your love for God. I know you really do mean what you say about your love for God and that He will get you through.

Since I've been single for such a long time, I understand full well what you mean. I've depended on God to get me through so many times, that I kind of expect Him someday to say "That's enough", but he never does. Even though I do depend on Him, there have also been so many times that I have tried to plot my own course, and ended up so far from target. In those times, instead of him guiding me back, He had to just pick me up out of where I had ended up, and set me down back in his will.

You mentioned loving Him 1st and completely. I have been working on that! Over the past few months, I've relized that the more I do focus on loving him 1st and completely... the easier it is to continue loving Him 1st and completely. I'm not an "A" student though, and still need a lot of work. I do know that He will give me someone to love. I have never doubted that, it is just a matter of His timing.

I read back through your first two paragraphs again, and it reminded me of the following, by William L. Coleman. I found it in a book I've had since I was married, so it's been around a while. I thought it was fitting to your posting, so I hope you don't mind that I am including it.

~ I LOVED SOMEONE ~

I loved someone, not in fits and starts, not on occasions or just for a season.

I loved someone not only in moments of passion or in a fleeting evening.

I loved someone from the inside out, from deep within my heart and fibre, my innermost being.

I loved someone unitl it hurt, until I could feel the pressure inside my chest and the bursting grin upon my face.

I loved someone until the very thought of losing them was more than I could bear.

I loved someone I could hardly wait to talk to. I hurried home to share the good news with them.

I loved someone not on the surface, not for thrills, not casually or conveniently just to fill in for a while.

I loved someone with total, with consuming, with embracing love.

Much the way God loves me. "God is love" I John 4:8


After I read this last night, I tried to comment, but ended up losing the comment somehow??? So I thought about it more today. You and the kids have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly it seems. I know that today was tough, and there will continue to be those days. Knowing the way God loves, and seeing the way you love God, I know you will get through. Thank you for being an inspiration to me.

Later, RC

Jeanne robinson said...

Christina,
Happy Valentine's day. I thought of you through out the day. I said a prayer for you that God would comfort you and Cuddle you in His arms. I pray that you felt the surrounding prayers that went out to you and the children. remember God loves you sooooooooooooooo much that He gave us His only Son. Remember you are very loved by the one and only. I know He is watching over you today. Thank you for being an inspiration to me and many others. Love Ya, Jeanne

Jeanne robinson said...

Christina,
Happy Valentine's day. I thought of you through out the day. I said a prayer for you that God would comfort you and Cuddle you in His arms. I pray that you felt the surrounding prayers that went out to you and the children. remember God loves you sooooooooooooooo much that He gave us His only Son. Remember you are very loved by the one and only. I know He is watching over you today. Thank you for being an inspiration to me and many others. Love Ya, Jeanne