Saturday, February 23, 2008

No Plans this weekend..Right!



We didn't really have any plans for this weekend besides to go to a birthday party at the skating rink on Sat. Friday night we played the Wii and babysat for Brandy and Chris so that they could go and have a relaxing dinner by themselves.
Saturday I slept in....If you call sleeping off and on from 6:30 till 8 sleeping in. We got up took a friend some medicine for his baby and then went to the skating rink.
Once we got there I helped Chandler, Lanie and Bennett with their skates. Lanie took a few stomps around the refreshment area and decided skating was not going to be for her today, so off came the skates.

Here are the 5 of us after being there for 3 hours. I don't know who was more tired them or me?

This is where Lanie hung out most of the time unless she was eating something then she was in the refreshment area.

Chase and Bennett, Chase is Samuel's friend from church that happened to show up with a few of his friends. His mom took these pictures for me. Thanks Stacy!

Samuel

Chandler....look closely at his hair. Right before we left the rink they had the skating races. Chandler had already taken off his skates but they let him run with the boys that had skates on. Needless to say he smoked them barefoot and all!! He sure is a fast runner. Like his Daddy!

Here is Bennett in the rink....he got mad when I went out there to help him so I stayed off of the floor and let him do his own thing.
Here he is trying to get up. Every time he would fall he would just get back up all by himself like a big boy. You have to remember he is only 2.
I think this might have been after he bumped his head. He had to come over and tell me what happened and where.

I love this picture.
I think he had just stepped up on to the platform and he was catching his balance.

They all had so much fun at the skating rink today and it took my mind off of everything!! It was very nice and relaxing to go, which was surprising. For us to go anywhere it seems to take it all out of me. God knew I needed to have a good time. He showed me that I am able to do this by myself if necessary. I am so glad that I have him to lean upon and count on each and everyday!

Always looking up ~Christina~

6 comments:

RC said...

Growing up in small-town Arkansas, the skating rink was one of the few things we had to do. Even during the years when I was finishing high school and going to college, this was a regular outing for some of us. We even went to the skating rink on dates (there wasn't much to do in S. Arkansas at that time)..(still isn't).

Four days before my senior year in high school, I went skating with the youth from my brother's church, and had to try and show-out. Actually I was trying to keep up with my brother, who thought he was better than anyone else. We ended up racing, and I fell a couple of times and before the night was over I ended up taking a horrible fall and breaking my tale bone. Absolutely one of the most painful things you can do, and there's nothing the doctor can do for you except tell you to be careful sitting. I guess when you get older you have a little farther to fall?? Anyway, it was always (except that time) something fun to do. It looks like the kids enjoyed going, and it sounds like you enjoyed being there too. This may be something the adults may need to do sometime just to remember the younger days? The only problem is that falling can do real damage when you start getting older, and we'd probably feel it for days!

I'm glad you had a good weekend witht he kids, hopefully the rest of the weekend will be just as enjoyable.

Later,
RC

CM said...

The crew is lookin good!

I was a teenager the last time I went roller skating. It was a blast and of course...a typical teenage boy, i also liked the couple skate.

Thanks for the update on how things are moving forward. Sounds like it has been on the upswing. Prayin its the start of many more days to come.

Have a great night!!

MakeLifeDelicious.com said...

Hi Christina. I came across your blog through Amy's, I hope that is ok. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Sunshine Crawford and am one of Lanie's new Sunday School teachers! Denise Brown and I are very excited that she has joined our class. She is a great little girl. She talked a lot about the Transformer birthday party that you went to this weekend and how 'she didn't skate, but got a cool bad full of candy.' : ) Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. Please feel free to contact either Denise or myself if there's ever anything we can do for Lanie, you or the family.

Sunshine

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina! It's amazing how a few photos can bring back so many memories. I don't know if Aaron ever told you...I'm sure he did!...but, skating was something we use to do almost every Friday night. Especially during the school season! The place we went was called "Moon Glo". Oh the memories: old wooden floors; 70 &80's music; pom poms on the skates; slushies; fast and slow-skates; and of course...a new "friend"... till the next weekend. Aaron never sat out too many slow-skates. Hard to imagine huh?! He would have enjoyed racing Chandler, just to prove he still had it in him!
By the way, did Aaron ever tell you that at that same skating rink is where mother and daddy met for the first time. It is quite the story...some guy named "Cookie" ended up taking her home.(OK mother, this is where you get to tell your side of the story!)Mother is still a very good skater. Leah could probably tell a few of her own stories!! All kidding aside, many memories were made at that skating rink.
Lanie, you go girl! All the falls I had over the years taught me, the safest spot was on my "hiney" too! And what better place than the snack bar!
Samuel, your looking more like your dad everyday! He would have been so proud of both you and Chandler for working together...and not destroying furniture in the process! Your dad was always very creative too!
Christina, Aaron would have pointed to Bennett and given you a big smile for letting Bennett learn on his own. He was always so proud of Bennetts independence and determination.
Sorry to take up so much space. But, I did enjoy the pictures.
Rebekah is doing great, and adjusting well to her "new normal". One of the nurses joked that her feet probably won't hit the floor till she is four. At this point in time I'm thinking she is right. Rachel is Rebekah's second mother!!! I have to admit, she gets it quite honestly. Sorry no pictures as of yet. I'm still using my old camera. Guess it's time to get a digital!
Sure do miss you all! We pray for you continually. Love, Hugs and kisses to all. Amy

Rhonda's Rants! said...

These pictures remind me of our Sunday School class skate social. How many people were injured that day? I will never forget Aaron offering up poor baby Lanie in her stroller so I could skate without falling down. He was so trusting...and I was terrified that I would fall and dump her out of the stroller. It is nice to have such fun memories of him, we always had a great time with you guys!

Love you
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

How I wish that we could have been with you all skating. Was it 2 years ago when you all arrived here in a snow storm at the skating party our church had? It was the first time we saw Bennett. The youth group always had skating parties and Aaron couldn't wait till they had the fast skate for guys. Then there were the couples skate. As leaders we kept our eyes on the dark corners were some would try to steal a kiss. (Been there , done that) Aaron never had to worry if he'd have a skating partner when the time came (he was good lookin'). The inside bus lights were kept on as we traveled back to the church at night. Ha ha We didn't give the flesh much opportunity! That's the qualities needed in youth leaders. Indeed pap and I met at the "Moon Glo". My brother-in-law told this new employee that there was a girl out there he should meet. Mother reminded me every Fri., Sat and sometimes Sunday to behave myself incase that young man was there. It did happen and he invited me to a movie the next weekend. Called mother and told her he was there and he would probably bring me home, only to discover that he had left because my brother-in-law had told him my mother never allowed me to leave the rink. Good start! Ha ha That was 42 years ago. Moral of the story, you find great people at skating rinks. My own mother, Grandma Charlotte and Pap Carroll also met at a rink and that union lasted 51 years. Anyway, the pictures were great of everyone. Christina, you're doing a fabulous job. Always said you were a great mommy and we thank the Lord over and over for you!!!!!
Love Mother and Dad