Friday, March 14, 2008

surprise phone call

It was 7 AM and I received a call this morning. I never get calls that early in the morning. It was actually a nice surprise. It was Aaron's former boss from the GCC(Group Control Center). He thought he woke me up but, I was just laying in bed thinking that I didn't want to get up when he called. He had some wonderful news!! He told me that he made Senior Master Sargent and that he owed it to Aaron. He said the funny thing was that the night before he found out that he had made it he had a dream. He dreamt that Aaron was pinning it on him. He also told me that he told Aaron that he was wrong and Aaron said no. Red told me that when he moved here that he had a bad attitude and didn't even want to be in the military any more and that Aaron always encouraged him to press on.

Red expressed to me that his life has changed through Aaron's death and now through this promotion, which he gives alot of the credit to Aaron for. He also said that he never realized how your life can change in a single moment...... whether it be a death, a promotion, an illness, it all affects our life in different ways and changes us. Boy do we know this all too well!

Congratulations to you Red!! Make Aaron and everyone else proud but, most of all make Our Heavenly Father Proud! ~Keep Looking up!~ God Bless you all..... Christina

No comments: