Wednesday, March 19, 2008

spring break

Most of you probably know, the kids and I headed out to Florida last Saturday morning. It took us @ 11 hours but we made it in safe and sound and with only a few more gray hairs.(na I'm kidding) The kids were great just a few arguments here and there. Thanks to the GPS system that I borrowed from a friend made the trip sooooo much easier. I didn't have to look for road signs or at a map at all!! Thanks for letting me borrow it, you were a life saver. I will definitely have to invest in one of them before our trip to PA.

Lets see I will try to fill you all in on how our trip has been so far.......
Sunday.....we got up and went to church at Cinco Baptist and saw many friends that we hadn't seen in a very long time. After church we went to my Aunts and visited with my cousins that were in town from Mississippi and Washington State. After lunch the kids played in the tree house which is not in a tree but on big stilts.....you can fit a car in there. Their was a zip line we all played in too..yes even me! I love to be silly and have fun! you only live once. Then we took the kids to the beach. They had a blast even though the water was absolutely freezing!!!! I have pictures but will have to post them another time because I am on someone elses computer.

Monday....We all went horseback riding, even Bennett! He loved it, once I took him for a ride around the arena. He even trotted some.
After that we went to Aaron's old squadron and had a personal tour of the aircraft that he use to fly on here in FL. It was a AC-130 U Gunship. The guys at the squadron treated us like royalty. They gave the kids t-shirts, hats, keychains, ID holders, candy, drinks, pretty much anything they wanted they got! We were there for 2 1/2 hours. We even got to meet with the commander. He just so happened to be someone that Aaron and I knew very well. He presented me with Aaron's mug from the squadron. I got all teary eyed. then we went and visited with our old neighbors.

Tuesday.....I was so tired that morning so I slept in a little. Then I made all kids of cookies and things to take to the squadron for the guys who really made us feel special. Then we went to the park and the kids played for sometime together. I played with them for a little bit and then just observed them playing together and with other kids. Why is it so easy for children to go up to another child and have a conversation with them and introduce themselves and it is so hard for us adults to do so? When does that fear of rejection start? I think it might start around the age of 8 or so, because my 2 older boys wouldn't go up to any other kids. After the park we went to Ned's and Rhonda's for Thai dinner. It is a tradition for us to go their house and eat Thai food when we come into town. Rhonda I guess that means I wouldn't be able to move back because then we wouldn't get to eat Thai food when I come to visit. :)

Wednesday..... We met my cousin and her kids and another friend of mine from her that is visiting from Kansas for Hibachi. It was wonderful!! Lanie was the only one that was afraid of the whole experience of having them cook in front of you. Once he was done she was just fine! After that we went top to the science museum but they were about to close so we will have to go back another time. We came home and just relaxed and then wet out to my dad's for dinner and visiting. Once we left his house I noticed a car on the side of the road...after I passed I realized that there was someone trying to change a tire. So, I made a u-turn and parked where they could see from the light that my headlights gave off. They were very appreciative. I remember stopping numerous times with Aaron to help people with flat tires. I couldn't help these two guys with changing the tire but, they couldn't see... so when I showed up with the head lights... I gave them everything that they needed at that very moment. Its kind of what God does for us. He gives us exactly what we need, not what we think we need, but what we need at that very moment in our lives!!!
~always looking up~ Christina

2 comments:

Leah said...

I enjoyed our time on the phone - can't wait for May! Sounds like everyone is having a good time. Enjoy yourself! Love ya'll
Leah

Jeanne robinson said...

Dear Christina and Samual,
It was so good to see you both at Walmart. You both look like you are doing wonderful. I told my husband after seeing you Christina how strong you are. You are such an inspiration to me. Hannah missed seeingt Chandler. We are looking forward to seeing you at family day. Love ya Jeanne