Monday, April 7, 2008

second, third and many more chances

This past week has been a very interesting week!! Tuesdays and Thursdays I take the 2 little kids to Mom's day out so that I can have at least 4-5 hours to run around and do my errands with out the kids. Last Tuesday I attempted to go and get my hair cut, done..what ever you call it, and they didn't have any apointments available. Now what do I do? I get in my car and go to the stop light and wait for it to tum green. Not sure why I just sat there a sec and then I looked left and saw a car approaching so I just stayed put to see if he was going to slow down. He didn't seem to be doing that at all. It seemed as though he had sped up. Well what ya know he blew right through that red light like it was invisible. I would have been T-boned on my side of the car.( I was driving a little car, not my huge tank) I am so thankful that I didn't go when the light was green but took a look to make sure that it was really clear for me to go.
In my life I have had several close calls where it could have been the last breath that I would take, but for some apparent reason the 3rd time I was spared again. (one day I will share the other events that God has shown me where he has spared my life) Was it because I wasn't ready? No not at all!!! It was because the Lord was not ready to take me home just yet. He has mighty things in store for my life and I ask him for guidance, direction and insight on what that is!
I really didn't think of the impact last Tuesday has had on me until I went to the Women of Faith conference this past weekend(if it comes anywhere remotely close to any of you I highly recommend you go!). There was a speaker there named Sheila that had lost her dad when she was 5. I cried the whole time she spoke. I wanted to speak with her and ask her all kinds of questions but when I was able to all I could do was tell her about Aaron and that I have a 4 year old daughter, and 3 boys. She proceeded to tell me that I needed to be praying that the Lord would keep me here on this earth until all four of my children come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. It hit me right then.....He spared my life last Tuesday so that I can train up my children in the ways of the Lord and to see them accept HIM.
I have been dealing with alot in my life these past 2 or 3 weeks...that is why there haven't been as many entries lately. I hope that I will be able to post more often soon! I just want to let everyone know we are doing very well! God Bless you all......

~always looking up~ Christina

No comments: