Monday, June 23, 2008

on the road again

Please pray for Samuel and I. We seem to be in a power struggle. I am having a hard time with putting my emotions aside therefore, I am being to lenient on him and letting him have to much responsibility and say so. It is hard to know when to be tough and the tell it like it is dad and when to be the sensitive caring mom. I have to keep telling myself he is only 11. he is only 11 HE IS ONLY 11!!!

Well.... we will start our newest journey for the summer tomorrow. Seems like lately we have been living out of our suitcases. I guess you could call us a well traveled family this summer. I am very excited about this next trip that we will be venturing out on tomorrow. We will be visiting family and friends in 3 different states for the next month. The kids are ready to go. They have so much fun in the car playing their game boys, leapsters, watching movies and singing to the music. I have really enjoyed driving to our places of interest. I didn't use to care to go many places, I guess you could call me a home body, but I think that I have broken out of that shell...ya think? With all this traveling and being away form Arkansas I have been really praying about what the Lord would have us do. Do we stay put or do we move? The kids seem much more well behaved when we are not in Arkansas. Not sure if it is because of all of the constant reminders of Aaron's death or if it is just because of a change of scenery. Whatever it is I like how we all get along when we are visiting other places.

I am planning on taking them to the beach, fishing, to the park, a water park, the gulfarium, a dolphin cruise, an Atlanta baseball game and many many other things while we are away. I don't ever want to say I wish I would have spent more time with my kids. God gave them to me for a very short time to train and at the same time I am training them He also wants me to enjoy them too!!

Always looking up ~ Christina~

2 comments:

Kristen Pace Photography said...

I love you & hope you guys have fun! Talk to you soon;)
Kristen

Kristen Pace Photography said...

I love you & hope all of you have a good time. Talk to you soon.
Kristen P.